Click to download an application for admission: APPLICATION
General Enrollment Information
At this time, University Academy is accepting applications to place on the waiting list for grades K-12.
Once you submit an application, you will be notified by mail that your student has been placed on the waiting list.
Any student who lives in the Kansas City Missouri School District may apply to University Academy. Students are selected based on a random lottery drawing according to Missouri Charter School Law.
Since UA opened, there has been a waiting list of families interested in enrolling their students. While any student who lives within the boundaries of the Kansas City Missouri School District has the opportunity to become registered; those students who meet any of the following criteria will be given priority:
- Have a sibling currently enrolled
- Live within the boundaries of 47th to 85th Streets and Prospect to Oak Street
- Children of UA employees who live within the KCMSD
University Academy Charter Public School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disability, marital status or national origin.
If you have questions, please contact Kellie Baker at 816-412-5988 or bakerk AT universityacademy DOT org.
Other important facts:
- No tuition
- Uniform dress code
- Bus transportation available (beyond 1 mile from school)
- Breakfast and hot lunch program available
- After school program
- Accredited by AdvancED/North Central Association (grades 6-12)
- School-based Wellness Center operated by Children’s Mercy Hospital
To view the latest information regarding bus transportation, CLICK HERE