The mission of University Academy is to prepare students to succeed in an institution of higher education and to participate as leaders in society.
Our vision is to be the best college-preparatory charter public school in the country with an emphasis on college preparation, career development, community service and leadership.
- All students can achieve at the highest levels
- University Academy will promote students to the next grade only when they can demonstrate the required knowledge
- All University Academy students are expected to go to and graduate from college
The philosophy of the University Academy is rooted in the mission of University Academy. We expect all of our students to have the skills they need to succeed in college. Consequently, we have made the following commitments to help our students acquire those skills:
- A commitment to achieve rigorous educational results, to adding value each year to the students’ knowledge and capacity to learn
- A commitment to serve the whole child and to help students and their families manage issues that have the potential to detract from the students’ opportunity and motivation to learn
- A commitment to engage the interest, expertise, and participation of parents to build a school culture characterized by high expectations for students behavior and academic excellence, and shared accountability for results.