The mission of University Academy is to prepare students to succeed in an institution of higher education and to become leaders in society. The vision of University Academy is to be the best K-12 college-preparatory charter public school in the country with an emphasis on college preparation, career development, community service and leadership.
The board oversees University Academy and works to ensure that the management, programs, and policies of the school result in the achievement of the school’s mission and progress towards the school’svision. The board's responsibilities include:
- Setting standards for University Academy including its mission and vision
- Selecting and evaluating the school's superintendent
- Ensuring University Academy's course offerings are aligned with its vision
- Setting and adopting annual goals for the school
- Setting and adopting policies for the school
- Adopting an annual budget
The University Academy board is absolutely committed to providing students in the Kansas City, MO school district with the highest quality college-preparatory education possible. The board is comprised of a diverse and talented group of dedicated individuals who believe that all children can achieve at the highest levels. In reaching decisions, the board attempts in every case to act in the best interests of the school’s students and the community, as well as align its decisions with the school’s mission and vision.
Bush Helzberg, Chairman - University Academy Board of Directors